Sexuality in women over 40? Does it exist? For most people its really not an issue because if you’re over 40:
- you’re probably not having any more kids so why should you be thinking of having sex?
- you should have grown out of it and should be interested in more “down-to-earth” things.
Do younger women have sex just to have kids? Can anyone outgrow the need for closeness and companionship?
Sexuality is a gift, something to celebrate, no matter what age you are! At the most, at this stage of life it may evolve and take on a slightly different form.
Encouraging sexuality in elderly women can result in a happier and more fulfilled life. However, several factors may affect women over 40 sex drive.
Factors that influence sexuality at this time may be positive or negative.
Positive factors include:
- good physical and mental health
- an ongoing satisfactory sexual relationship
- regular intercourse.
Negative factors include:
- physical ill health
- negative mental attitude especially about your body
- an unsatisfying sexual relationship
- vaginal soreness or dryness