Progesterone cream can be applied to the skin to relieve many symptoms associated with menopause. It is absorbed into the fat under the skin from where it goes straight into the blood stream from where it circulates to the rest of the body to carry out its effects. Relatively small doses such as those found in over-the-counter, non-prescription, bio identical progesterone creams can still be effective in relieving menopause symptoms.
When progesterone is taken by mouth, like everything else you swallow, it is absorbed into the blood and taken to the liver. Here more than 3/4 of it is removed and converted to an inactive form leaving only a small amount of progesterone to act in the body. This means that much larger doses are required to achieve the same effect as what you get from applying it to the skin.
Using USP natural progesterone cream is preferable. It allows you to get a dose of progesterone that is close to what your body would be making naturally before menopause. Also, side effects from progesterone cream are minimal, at the most you will experience drowsiness if you use too much.
Emerita Pro-Gest Natural Progesterone Cream for sore breasts and menopause symptoms
- I’ve had …calm, amazingly improved sleep, reduced breast soreness (this was lasting all month long before the cream).
- The first month I used it, absolutely no PMS symptoms at all. My period totally snuck up on me….
- GREAT mood, my PMS is very minimal, PMDD is gone, breast tenderness is minimal, cramps gone, I’ve lost 6 pounds, periods are normal
- My energy level is higher than it has been in years. My periods are back to normal and I haven’t experienced any more hot flashes.
- Worth every cent and no side effects, unlike costly prescription hormones I took in the past