Turmeric is a bright yellow spice related to ginger, used commonly in asian cooking like curries. Turmeric is a major component of curry powder and gives mustard its bright yellow color. It has been found to have major healthy benefits mainly because of its anti-inflammatory properties with virtually no side effects.
In a review of over 700 studies published in a 2007 edition of Alternative & Complementary Therapies, turmeric was found to be effective in preventing or relieving many long-term conditions.
Diseases that can be helped by turmeric
- Alzheimer’s disease: tumeric has been found to block the formation of plaques in the brain which lead to the reduction in brain function found in this disease.
- Arthritis: turmeric contains many anti-inflammatory substances which block the inflammation that causes pain, swelling and limited movement. These are similar to the active ingredients found in the latest anti-arthritis drugs. The great thing is that you get the pain relief without the side-effects of these drugs.
- Cancer: The active ingredient in turmeric has been found to prevent and treat certain cancers in animals, like breast, colon, oral and esophageal cancers.
How do you get more turmeric?
You can use turmeric powder for cooking or curry powder which has lots of turmeric in it. You can also get turmeric tea or you can buy the turmeric capsules at your local health food store.
What Is Zyflamend
A great alternative is to use Zyflamend. What is Zyflamend? Zyflamend is a blend of several herbs and spices, including turmeric, that help with arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
Do Side Effects Of Zyflamend Outweigh The Benefits?
Zyflamend is a blend of 10 potent herbs known for many years to help with unhealthy inflammation, improve general health and relieve pain of arthritic finger joints and in fact arthritis pain anywhere in the body. These 10 wonderful herbs and spices are:
- holy basil
- green tea
- hu zhang
- chinese goldthread
- baikal skullcap
All these work together to reduce abnormal inflammation.
How does Zyflamend work?
Zyflamend works by inhibiting an enzyme ( a chemical in the body) known as COX-2 which takes part in abnormal inflammatory processes in the body. This is the same enzyme that is targeted by some of the expensive prescription medication for arthritis and pain. Zyflamend acts in the same way but without the many risks and side effects of these drugs.
Why should I use Zyflamend?
Zyflamend gives you effective pain relief and much more without the hefty price tag or inconvenient/ serious side effects of some prescription medications. It uses organic ingredients without any artificial additives and preservatives.
So what are the side effects of Zyflamend?
No serious side effects of Zyflamend have been reported in spite of the fact that thousands of people have used it to relieve various health conditions related to inflammation. A few people have complained of loose bowel movements. This usually subsides if the dosage of Zyflamend is reduced or if you stop taking it. When compared to some side effects of OTC and prescription medications like stroke, heart attacks, kidney damage, liver damage and bleeding from the intestines, this is very mild when compared to the potential benefits.
Of course if you are allergic to any of the components of Zyflamend, you should avoid it.
- As both a professional massage therapist, and as someone who has my own share of aches and pains, Zyflamend is one of the bestproducts I’ve found on the market. Unlike many prescription medications which have both high markup, & some unwanted side-effects, this product does the job and is reasonably priced.
- …what greater way is there to take something that controls imflammation. I have osteo arthritus in my hips and it works for me….with out the risk and side effects of Viox and all the other prescription drugs that attack the cox two inhibitors. Must be taken in the middle of a meal. It will digest better.
- I injured my knees skiing in my 20′s when I fell and my bindings didn’t give. My knees began to give me significant trouble in my 50′s and I tried zyflamend to avoid the anti-inflammatory/arthritis drugs that were being recalled. Zyflamend has helped tremendously. I can squat and recover while gardening, walk for a couple hours and ride my bike without discomfort now. All these activities were painful before I started the zyflamend.
- I have been suffering from chronic achilles tendonitis for years. Always icing it down and taking ibuprofen. Recently I went to physical therapy for six weeks. It helped, but I still had pain and had to ice it down frequently. Someone from integrative medicine recommended Zyflamend and it has been a godsend. I tooke them for a couple of weeks and it was a tremendous difference.
- For several years now, anytime we would have otherwise felt the need for an ibuprofen, Tylenol or other pain medicine, we generally take Zyflamend instead due to the anti-inflammatory properties. We have used Zyflamend for joint pain such as when my husband broke his hip and later when his back sustained a compression fracture as well as for heart health – docs gave him 2 weeks or less to live due to Acute on Chronic Severe Congestive Heart Failure, Stage 3 and 4 yet we are on Year 4 and counting